Fancy discovering the Aveyron department with your group of friends or sports group (hikers, cycle tourers etc.)? Like the idea of getting your nearest-and-dearest together for a family celebration (birthday, reunion)? The Yelloh! Village La Grange de Monteillac awaits you for helping you arrange your group stay.
From half-board or full-board accommodation to putting together circuits or tours for several people, we are here to advise you. So just get in touch so as to arrange your group stay according to your likes and needs! We really look forward to seeing you for all your festivities, reunions and excursions!
Group rental accommodation
You'll be staying in our chalet village, in accommodation options with all the mod cons with room for up to 4 people in double or twin rooms. All chalets have their own area of greenery and will make your stay really restful.
Dining for groups
We serve meals (from breakfast to evening meals) in our highly appealing and refurbished barn, where we can accommodate your whole travel group.
Breakfast is buffet-style, and there is table service for other meals. All our dishes are produced in-house and give prominence to local and fresh produce. There is also the option to try regional specialities such as “Aligot” (a dish of cheese blended into mashed potatoes) and “farçous” (chard fritters) etc.
Lunch can be enjoyed on site or we can put together picnic baskets to take away if you are off on a day's outing or visiting other places with your group.
Visit the Aveyron during your stay at the campsite
As part of your group stay, we can guide you with regard to taking in the Aveyron's unmissable highlights:
- Laissac and its livestock market, France's 2nd biggest (just 3 km away)
- Millau and its viaduct
- Rodez, its historic centre, the cathedral and the Soulages museum
- Conques, listed as one of France's loveliest villages, its abbatial church and its treasures
- Laguiole, its cutlery manufacturers, cheese manufacturer and the wonderful landscapes of the Aubrac
- The Gorges du Tarn
- The Caves de Roquefort
- Micropolis, the insect city
- The Lot Valley and its listed villages (Ste-Eulalie-d’Olt, St-Côme-d’Olt and Estaing)
- The geological site of Bozouls (canyon and theme-based Terra Memoria house)
Outdoor activities for groups
TheAveyron, an amazing playground for hiking, biking…
For hikers, mountain bikers and cycle tourers, the Aveyron department has a very wide range of marked trails which are regularly maintained by departmental committees and which are listed in guides which you can see on site at reception at La Grange de Monteillac, some of which can be downloaded.
- Hiking: hiking topo-guides are available at reception at La Grange, including the “L’Aveyron à Pied” and “Les Plus Beaux Villages de l’Aveyron” à Pied topo-guides. We also have the “De Causses en Vallées” topo-guide, which lists 25 circuits within a maximum distance of thirty or so kilometres from the campsite.
- Mountain biking: La Grange de Monteillac lies at the heart of a national mountain biking location that is FFC-recognised (French cycling federation). This means mountain biking enthusiasts can access some 300 km of marked trails with various degrees of difficulty, all leaving from the campsite.
- Cycle touring: cycle tourers won't be missing out either when they come and stay in our group holiday centre, which is recommended by France's FFCT. The department is famed for its various circuits and valleyed regions, which cycle touring groups just love. Le Laissagais tourist office has put together a cycling guide featuring 41 road circuits of between 20 and 130 km, most of which start directly from our campsite in Laissac, the Aveyron. There is also various information available for you to find out about the regions you'll be passing through. This guide is also available to use on site and can be downloaded.
- We can also suggest hikes with local guides who have comprehensive knowledge of the region.
…And for all sorts of other outdoor activities
For groups looking for other types of outdoor activities, we also provide outings featuring canyoning, caving, tree-top adventure trails, orienteering, canoeing, quadbiking and paragliding etc.
Evenings and entertainment
So as to round off your days in a pleasant and high-spirited way, we also provide theme-based evenings (booking required) to suit your requirements: dance, slide shows featuring the region, folk dance groups, bands etc.